Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watching people in the gym

There are three kinds of people; those who work out and try to get others to work out, those who are on the receiving end, and those who blatantly refuse. I have been each kind of person at one time or another, but most recently I have been on a straight out refusal binge. The most common excuse I give is, "I don't like working out with a lot of other people around." A quick rebuttal, "no one is going to be watching you." HA! I laugh because you want to know what I do in the gym?? I watch people.
My friend Liz and I laughed the other day over how true the above is. We have both tried to believe in invisibility; that when we walk into the gym and begin working out our super powers kick in and "shebang!' we become invisable. That's right, those of us who don't prefer to be seen in spandex, are superheroes, a slight anomaly for you to ponder today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment