Friday, August 26, 2011

My Uninspiration...

Pity party... that's right, I'm whining.
With my elephant sized purple sprained ankle balanced on a stack of pillows and my hamstring stretched to the ceiling, I'm sulking.
I have what is called blogger's block.
This is especially awful due to the fact that I have not been a blogger for even one whole month and plenty of interesting things have been happening in my life worthy of blogging about, but for some reason I feel uninspired. It isn't particularly that I have not composed any blog posts lately, because I have. They are all just waiting around in drafts, hoping to be finished and posted. Each time I begin a new post, I know they are even more hurt. So, sorry old drafts, but I'm replacing you yet again!

I'm going to try something my dad was teaching me about breaking blogger's block!

First, pick a topic...OK, my sprained ankle.

Then, describe the way it looks... like an elephant sporting a purple half-moon tattoo interestingly placed just below the ankle joint!

Next, describe how it feels...Well, it feels like I stepped in front of a moving long board. An idea my little brother specifically warned me not to do. I can hear Matt now, telling me to place my foot on top of the board when trying to stop it, not in front of it because, well, that would just be silly. Oh wise sensei, teach me how to long board.

Now, (and this should be interesting) how does it taste?... I'm going to assume it tastes like the soap I used this morning; a fresh island breeze and pomegranates?  In all honesty, when was the last time you tasted your ankle? Never have?? That's what I thought.

OK, how does it sound?...Well, you know when you put your ear up to a sea shell to hear the sound of the sea... if I put my ankle up to my ear I would hear more popping ligaments, so forget it, one trip to the Dr. is enough!

Alright, last on the list is to compare it to something else. Hmmm, my stomach is growling because it has decided to rebel and try and distract me from writing this blog post! So I'll compare my ankle to a food. I'll go with an eggplant.. purple, swollen and gross. My ankle is an eggplant. (I truly do not find eggplants to be gross when grilled and seasoned well, but it worked too well for my illustration to pass up :)

Well, that about sums it up. I think I may have conquered my blogger's block! May this go on to inspire all other blocked bloggers with swollen ankles that find themselves uninspired. If I can do it, so can you!
Come back in about a month ;) ok, I'll try to post again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment