Wednesday, August 3, 2011

coffee and blogging.

pe·rip·e·ty [puh-rip-i-tee
a sudden turn of events or an unexpected reversal, especially in a literary work.


My mother loves this word. 
Normally she comes home from Bible study and talks about a few main points that touched her personally, but never with as much enthusiasm as she had when she came home that night. With a room brightening smile she told me about her new favorite word. "Peripety, P E R I P E T Y, peripety. It basically means hinge or turning point. I think it is the most beautiful word I have ever heard."


Life is full of peripeties. Big and small decisions that change life as we are used to living it. Most of us call them defining moments. "That is when everything changed. I became a different person over that year.... month.... day... I made a 180 and nothing was the same as before that moment." 


My life has been packed with peripeties. I can think of ten off the top of my head and if I took inventory of my whole life experience, many more would come to light. Peripeties in faith, love, location, friendships, etc. have made me who I am now. 


With several people telling me that I should be blogging, I have finally decided to do it. So, this is the beginning (maybe a peripety). Coffee in hand, wrapped in the softest sweater I own, I'm blogging.  



3 comments:

  1. Yeaaa! Lauren is Blogging! I will be anticipating future posts :) <3 Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lori! I am excited about posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You go girl, light up the world. I love you.

    ReplyDelete