Friday, August 5, 2011

smiling's my favorite.

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself; I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
- Groucho Marx 

I heard once that as soon as you open your eyes in the morning you should smile. It is said that a simple smile has the power to change an entire attitude. 
When I was working at JCPenney the most common comment I got from passerby's was on my smile. They would say things like, "well, you sure are smiley," or "your smile is so welcoming!" This got me thinking about the power of a smile. We are all given the gift to brighten someone's day or even just make people feel welcomed with a simple grin. 
There were plenty of mornings at JCP when a smile was less than easy to come by. I was amazed by the noticeable difference in how I personally felt and how people seemed to act around me when I wouldn't smile. So, even when I didn't want to, I would force it. To my amazement, i never had to force it for longer than a few minutes. Smiling is contagious :) 

Mission: Smile and smile often! Let's make the world brighter. 

Even after a shot! Time to SMILE!


1 comment:

  1. So is a smile before or after coffee? :)

    ReplyDelete