Thursday, August 4, 2011

Looking Up

I have always been enamored by the skies. They are vast and powerful. Both the beautiful expanse of blue above and the mighty rolling clouds send chills through me. Rather than being frightened by storms, I am comforted. Even as a child I never feared the lightning and thunder. I loved the sound of rumbling through the mountains of Colorado. The peaks echoed the thunder like a gong fading slowly.
With the rain comes a sense of fresh new life. All of God's creation is being replenished.

"Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth,
sing praise to the Lord,
to Him who rides the ancient skies above,
who thunders with mighty voice.
Proclaim the power of God,
whose majesty is over Israel,
whose power is in the skies.
You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary;
the God of Israel gives power and strength to His people.

Praise be the God!" - Psalms 68:32-35 NIV

The sky is my reminder of how big and ever-present God is. So whenever you are feeling in need of reassurance..... look up.

3 comments:

  1. Two posts in and I already love your blog! Where did you get such cute pictures of you that match your entire blog! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have a friend at school who needed me to model for a project and I just happened to wear that sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read all of these again and I must say you have a true gift of expression! Each one moved me in different ways. Definitely signs of a good writer. I love you dearly! ~Mom~

    ReplyDelete